Monday, November 17, 2014

Retail is taking over!

How many of you have been watching tv lately? So you've seen the Christmas commercials?
I swear I started seeing them not even a week into November.
I couldn't believe it at first. 

BUT

Then I realized this right here is a sign!
Retailers are taking over.
I mean this truly bothers me. And I'm a girl that loves to shop. 
Turkey comes before presents okay?
And Christmas isn't even about the gifts. I mean the best gift you could give is to be with the ones closest to you. 
That's what it means to me at least. I don't care if you give me anything, I'd rather get nothing and be with the ones I love. Then get all these material things in life and feel alone. 

I just can't. 

That's just me though. And I really hope that retail realizes, rather then opening stores on Thanksgiving day at 6pm, in which some people call dinner time.
That they should be opening at midnight, aka BLACK FRIDAY!
Thanksgiving and well the Holiday season is about family and giving back. Well how are some people supposed to do that when they're either working or shopping because all of the damn sales?

Don't get me wrong I love a good sale just as much as the next person. But I love my family too, and I'd want to spend time with them more now then anything.
I guess getting older, even though I'm only 23, I've learned family wont always be there.
Because life does happen, and the ones you love wont always be around. So in all of this ranting, I hope you see my point. 

Spend time with your family this holiday season. 
Don't let material things get in the way of good memories. 

If you read my whole rant, thank you. Do you agree with me though? Do you feel like retailers are trying to take over? Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel, there is a subscribe button somewhere on my page, its red you can't miss it.

And you can always find me on other social media.

And for business inquires, I can be reached at 
AprilsInsight@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment